Roots won't lift with 20 volby HeyPosted 4 days, 1 hour ago
My hair won't lift with bleach (powder or creme) with 20 vol developer to the inside of a banana in order for me to tone it to white. I've left it on for more than 1 hour (max 1 hour and 20 min) but it still looks slightly yellow towards the end of the roots. I always bleach my roots every 4 weeks. If I use 30 volume developer, I'm able to lift it to a pale yellow color but I heard using 30 vol on the scalp isn't recommended. I've used Schwarzkopf blondme but I find it irritating on the scalp and I'm currently using Joico Blonde life creme lightener. Is there a bleach that would lift more so that I could use 20 vol? Or should I just use 30 vol on my dark brown/black roots? Can 20 vol be left on longer than 1 hour?
by vivienne StaffPosted 3 days, 23 hours ago
If you've had success with 30 vol, I'd just stick with that. The reason to be concerned about on-scalp application is the irritation, so if you haven't been finding it irritating to your skin, you should be okay. Bleach in generally stops reacting at around 60 minutes, so if you can't get enough lift, you generally have to double-process or bump up the developer. For my black hair, I have to use two process to get to platinum and I haven't found any bleach able to get me there in one go with any volume developer.
- Toner won’t take to freshly bleached roots
- The GREEN won’t budge. - One dye job, 7 questions. Bleaching Out the Green, Bleaching roots or ends first, bleaching damp hair, green making purple muddy, colors that cover green, Toner before direct dye, how to prevent bleeding in multicolor direct dye.
- Artic fox & ion mix won't budge
- Bleached roots won't tone now what
- Hair won't cool down with a side of green!