Hair Extensions Not The Same After Dyingby LozbeexPosted 1 week, 4 days ago
I got a new 180g weave installed about two weeks ago and it was blonde upon installation. I decided to put a pink toner through my hair (Igora and 3% peroxide) however my extensions are seriously dry / knotty.
I have tried everything such as intense conditioning, masks, oils but regardless they are a completely tangled mess within an hour. Even the nape of my neck when I’m out gets seriously knotted.
The extensions used are from Hair Planet. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get them back to full health?
by vivienne StaffPosted 1 week, 3 days ago
Unfortunately, I'm not sure there's much you can do. Some extensions are treated during manufacturing to remove the cuticle, which is the outer protein layer of your hair. They then coat the hair in a thick layer of silicone to help keep it smooth and shiny. Peroxide treatments can damage that silicone layer, which roughens the hair and makes it knot easily. You can somewhat help the process by gently combing through heavy conditioning masks, but the silicone layer usually requires specialized equipment to apply, so it's not easy to recreate after it's been stripped. In general, when dyeing, you need. If possible, you want to try to use semi-permanent dyes and toners that don't use peroxide.
- The GREEN won’t budge. - One dye job, 7 questions. Bleaching Out the Green, Bleaching roots or ends first, bleaching damp hair, green making purple muddy, colors that cover green, Toner before direct dye, how to prevent bleeding in multicolor direct dye.
- hair didn't bleach, what do I do??
- Another hair color disaster
- What's your plans for your hair right now?
- Review: Halo Hair Extensions