Color won’t holdby LpkaakePosted 2 weeks, 1 day ago
I have used manic panic vampire red hair dye for about a year now. It has been a few months since I dyed it, so I used it three days ago. This time around though, the color absolutely will not hold. I didn’t use shampoo during the rinse and I turned the hot water completely off to rinse the dye. Then, it looked freshly dyed when I was in the shower today, the color was bleeding so bad. And while I’m sleeping, the color keeps bleeding as well, onto my forehead and arm where my head laid. Touching my hair today (while dry) turned my hands completely red. I have never had this problem before. Any ideas on why this is happening or what to do to help the color set?
by vivienne StaffPosted 2 weeks ago
I'm not sure if there's much to do aside from just do a full shampoo and wash off some of the excess. It sounds like your batch of dye may have just been more pigmented than usual, so you just need to rinse off what's on the surface and hopefully the underlying colour is still strong enough to stick.
If it keep bleeding until it actually looks faded, I'd suggest switching to new brand. I find Adore to be a decent option that has very minimal bleeding.
- The GREEN won’t budge. - One dye job, 7 questions. Bleaching Out the Green, Bleaching roots or ends first, bleaching damp hair, green making purple muddy, colors that cover green, Toner before direct dye, how to prevent bleeding in multicolor direct dye.
- My hair won't hold color.
- My hair won’t hold on to color ?
- My hair won't hold any color! Help!
- Hair so porus it won't hold color