How to go from yellow brown to a cooler red brown?by Allison89Posted 2 weeks, 1 day ago
I can't find the answer to this anywhere! I tried to dye my hair reddish brown, but it turned more yellow brown. I feel like using a red toner wouldn't cancel out the yellow and make to colour too saturated, and a purple shampoo would probably just make it more green?Please help! Thank you x
by vivienne StaffPosted 2 weeks ago
You don't look too far off. I think a strawberry blonde or copper dye around a level 6 or 7 (I'd go lighter if your hair is bleached) should help bring some more of the red to your hair.
- The GREEN won’t budge. - One dye job, 7 questions. Bleaching Out the Green, Bleaching roots or ends first, bleaching damp hair, green making purple muddy, colors that cover green, Toner before direct dye, how to prevent bleeding in multicolor direct dye.
- How to go from yellow to burgundy/maroon?
- Blue hair faded to light green—what will re-bleaching at this point do?
- Hair turned out warmer than I wanted! Help me navigate my way to a cooler brown.
- How to remove yellow tone from brown hair?