Can you use a color remover on extensions?by CheezwhizPosted 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello! So my question is (I'm very new to extensions): can I use a semi-peremant color remover on hair extensions and will they stay healthy?? I bought vp fashions 18 inch thin human hair extensions and dyed them twice. I have a spilt dye of Arctic fox Neverland ombering to phantom green and Violet dream ombering into dilluted VD. Now I know I can dye over Neverland..but the Phantom green scares me. I really want to try to remove as much color so I can do a pretty pastel rainbow. Also would dishsoap hurt them? I'm very new to this and I just know that extensions are more fragile than your actual hair. I know not to bleach...so just asking if I can get the color out any other way? If not it's cool I really love my hair and I'll wait till tax return season to buy a new more expensive but better set!C: Thank you for any advice pics down below..
by vivienne StaffPosted 1 week, 6 days ago
It depends on what the colour remover is, but I would typically recommend against it, because a lot of times, you really want to scrub to get colour out, and that process by itself might be too much for extensions. If you have a small weft, you can try soaking a small section in some shaving foam like Barbosol. I find it does soak up a little colour that way, but it doesn't really get everything out.
by CheezwhizPosted 1 week, 4 days ago
Thank you! Would you think dawn dish soap with shampoo would be too hard on the extensions?
by vivienne StaffPosted 1 week, 4 days ago
I'd try it on a small segment. It's not that the dish soap itself is necessarily too harsh, but that the scrubbing can cause knots and shedding.
- The GREEN won’t budge. - One dye job, 7 questions. Bleaching Out the Green, Bleaching roots or ends first, bleaching damp hair, green making purple muddy, colors that cover green, Toner before direct dye, how to prevent bleeding in multicolor direct dye.
- Color Remover after bleach on natural white/gray hair?
- hair didn't bleach, what do I do??
- Mint color removal/fact checking/salon rant
- What's your stash and how long will it take you to get through it?