Protein fillerby Stephie82Posted 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hi all. Back again. Lol
I am planning to do a medium brown copper color. I got some protein filler to put in my hair along with a color seal. Also ordered the booster you add to the hair color. Ion made these Olaplex dupes and I have been seeing them around lately and I was interested in trying. Of course my ends are porous and not holding the color too well. Is it too much if I do the protein filler first and then add the booster to it? Then after I rinse I do the color seal? I’m not sure if that is too much. Should I skip one of those steps?
Hope everyone is safe and healthy! ❤️
by vivienne StaffPosted 3 months, 1 week ago
I think that's a reasonable set of steps. I've used those bond builder mix ins, and I'm skeptical it made a difference for me. I felt that way about Olaplex as well, so it might just be my hair. I don't think it's too rich or anything though.
- Going a few shades lighter- still need protein filler?
- will protein filler for patchy color cause breakage?
- How To Correctly Use Red Protein Filler
- Pravana Locked-In and protein filler?
- I used a color remover. If I use a protein filler with my next dye, do I still need to choose a color 2 shades lighter than my goal shade?