Can hair dye fade if you don't wash it?Posted 1 week, 1 day ago
I have a question and need some advice. About a week ago I dyed my hair Pravanna Chromasilk Vivids Pink. It's a beautiful colour and a sweet cotton candy-like pink. Now i have washed it once about three days ago and ofcourse it faded a bit but thankfully not that much. But now, every since I washed, when I wake up i seems like It just keeps on fading a little more every morning. I have not washed it since or put any kind of product in my hair, I simply just brush it gently. When a proffesional bleached it, i still had some yellow tones at the ends and a lit of the length of my hair. But she assured me that wasnt a problem, only now when it fades you really see it at the ends.
So I was wondering if its possible if the haircolor can fade, even if you don't do anything with it. If so, how can I prevent it or slow it down? If not, what other thing is going on that it just seems lighter?
Hope someone can help me :)
by vivienne StaffPosted 1 week ago
UV fades dye, so if you live in a part of the world with a lot of exposure, it can definitely have an impact. Not much you can do directly to prevent it except wear a hat. There are some UV protectant hair products out there, but I'm sceptical of how well they work. You need to use a lot to get significant protection and that will really weigh down your hair.
As for maintenance, the easiest thing is just to put a bit of pink dye into your conditioner so you can top up the colour each time you wash.
by AndyaPosted 5 days, 19 hours ago
Humidity and perspiration can fade the dye as well. Water is an universal solvent. Swimming in a chlorinated pool would be effective at removing color from stained hair. Sand storms scrub iron pots and pans why not hair.
Cold water helps to keep color and hot water helps to remove color.
These are my humble opinions.
- Problems dying hair from dark brown to light brown - it turns ginger (after colour remover), then black (after lighter hair dye). Why???
- Should I go ahead and dye my hair before last hair dye fades?
- Is there a method of removing green/teal undertones from blue hair dye that isn't harsh or bleaching? Anyone tried dying pink/red over it or using food coloring?
- Blue Shampoo or hair dye?
- Complete hair disaster corrected with shampoo (hairdressers don't read, you will cringe at how damaging my story is)