How can I get my hair mint green!? (If possible)Posted 3 months ago
Hi everyone! This is my first post here. I would love to get mint green hair if it's possible. I just used colorfix and my hair is very light but I'm not sure if I can achieve mint green over the pink or yellow.
I have a bunch of different color hair dyes (arctic fox & manic panic) and wella t18 toner available I'm just not sure what exactly to do hahah... I bleached my hair a few weeks ago and dyed it bright pink and orange. The pink was manic panic and the orange was arctic fox. Before I bleached it my roots were completely covering my bangs and the bottom of my hair was pastel blue.
The first pic is what it's faded to
Second and third pic is after using colorfix
There has to be some kind of magic I can do ?! I'm not bleaching it again just because my hair feels pretty good right now and I dont wanna risk it! It was probably dumb of me to do a two toned thing because I have no idea what to do now that theres two shades in my hair.
Would toner work over yellow? What can I do to the pink?
Posted 3 months ago
I also wanted to add that I dont mind going a lavender color if I have to in order to get to green but I dont like super dark colors on me. Also I dont know how to edit photos on the post but i wish I added a picture of my goal color!!
by AndyaPosted 3 months ago
Mint green to me means a pastel green to light green shade. To get a pastel color or light color you would need white hair or hair color the inside of a banana peel or very light beige blonde hair. Any remaining yellow in the hair will have an effect on the result. The very ends of the pink hair strands in the first picture is the base hair color would need before dying in my humble opinion.
I suggest not add a light green to the areas of light pink, because red and green are opposite each other on the color wheel. The result would likely be a mix of different colors including brown. Once I applied a medium green over the light pink in the first picture for St Patrick's Day in 1999. The result was 90 percent of my hair was a medium green. The remaining 10 percent of my hair was medium purple. The purple hair was thin streaks scattered everywhere within the medium green hair. Also would not apply a lavender (light purple) to the medium yellow and bright yellow, Purple and yellow are opposite each other on the color wheel. The result again is likely a mix of many different colors.
Toners do not change the color of the hair, but only mask or temporarily hide unwanted color. Toners work well when the hair is the same color as the inside of a banana peel to mask or hide any remaining yellow within the hair. A toner will not be effective on even a light yellow. When my hair is a very pale yellow like the inside of a banana peel or a little more yellow, I use a purple colored/based shampoo like So Silver, Shimmer Lights, Brass Off, or Simply Silver. Purple colored shampoos are effective at masking and hiding the yellow remaining in the hair.
A dark green like Alpine Green or Forest Green would cover the current bright yellow in the hair and the pink. Dark greens are more blue-green and the yellow in the hair would make the result more green. Because yellow and blue make green. However as indicated this is not an option.
For a pale or a light green, a very very light blonde hair color is needed. This will take time and in time is possible. I hope this information has been helpful. These are my suggestions and non-professional opinion of 30 years with semi-permanent dyes.