Trouble with bleaching/getting hair to takeby artrombaPosted 1 year, 2 months ago
Hey guys! Sorry I'm posting on here so much, I am very new to the DIY hair life. :) So a few weeks back i bleached my roots and it turned out pretty splotchy. I put pink over it and decided to just wait a bit before I tried again, for the sake of my hair. Yesterday, after getting as much of the pink out as I could, I thought I'd take a shot at my roots again to try and fix the splotchiness and remove the orangy tint to it. It lightened incredibly fast and fairly yellow. I then tried to put the L'oreal effasol color remover on the little bands leftover bc I've read that it's basically a light bleach, but that just kind of turned the spots grey. So I thought I shouldn't bleach it any further and I put a purpley toner on top to try and mellow out the yellow tint, that did nothing. Then I put pastel purple on top of everything to try and give me a little pastel purpley pink look and I called it a night. When I woke up this morning I noticed all the blonde spots that didn't take to the dye. I'm planning on hitting the roots again with a darker purple but I'd like to know how I can eventually even out the blonde on the top and bottom? I'm dying to do yellow sometime soon but I can't really swing that until I fix the base. Any recommendations?
by BridgetSPosted 1 year, 2 months ago
I've already seen this, toner which doesn't take as well on the freshly bleached roots. but after e few washes the problem disappears I believe.
- The GREEN won’t budge. - One dye job, 7 questions. Bleaching Out the Green, Bleaching roots or ends first, bleaching damp hair, green making purple muddy, colors that cover green, Toner before direct dye, how to prevent bleeding in multicolor direct dye.
- Hair not taking dye anymore?
- Trouble with blonde dye for lightening
- Bleached My Hair, Turned out Orange
- Can Revlon color effects Frost and Glow bleach my brown hair to blonde?