Frustrating Orange (Yellow?) Spot in Pink HairPosted 4 months, 1 week ago
I’m having a huge issue with my hair that I cannot fix no matter what any stylist, Sally’s worker, YouTube video, forum, Google search, etc etc comes up with.
I have pastel pink hair (I use Arctic Fox Virgin Pink and a lot of white conditioner) that I am so in love with it I literally never wanna change it. Problem is, I have had it for quite a while now... and I have a very frustrating issue that I cannot solve.
I have, on one side, orange (or perhaps yellow under the pink?) “hilights” throughout my side bangs. That’s somewhat manageable even though I don’t like it, because it looks like it’s on purpose. However, on the other side of my hair, I have a nice big orange (again, maybe yellow?) spot the size of a golf ball.
Now, before I go asking for advice here, let me tell you exactly what I have already tried that has not worked (keep in mind these are all over the course of having pink hair and not things I have been consistently doing, so don’t panic at the length of the list):
- Bleaching lighter: my last bleach was a 30vol with no luck. I have not tried a 40v but I really prefer not to: I haven’t touched a 40v since I was a teenager (destroyed my hair). So I now almost always use 20vol for anything I do. Attempted the 30 hoping it would at least make a difference but no luck.
- Bleach baths: tried ever type of shampoo you can imagine, differently brands of bleach, etc. Nada.
- Bleach with toners: like, bleach that turns violet and bleach that turns blue. Both advertising to tone orange or yellow. Both did nothing.
- Toners: I’ve used additive (the tiny purple bottles you can buy at Sally’s, honestly forget what they’re called and what exactly I mixed it in), as well as Wella T18 with 20vol, and eventually tried T11 with 20vol. Again, nada.
- Purple shampoo: Tried it. Turned my roots purple. Took forever to remove. Didn’t help.
- Blue dye in conditioner: Saw online that adding a TINY bit of blue to your conditioner would cancel out the yellow. I’m sure you can guess what happened by reading the purple conditioner crisis.
- Dying darker: at one point I got so fed up I went darker pink. I just got DARKER orange along with it.
- Arctic Fox Diluter: I know, this isn’t gonna fix my issue... but just thought I’d throw it in here because it somehow made my roots purple AGAIN. An issue I have never had with just Virgin Pink and conditioner.
Have I tried absolutely everything possible at this point? Am I doomed forever? Please let me know what you think. Thanks so much!
by BridgetSPosted 4 months, 1 week ago
have you tried high quality bleach from premium brands? I believe it does make a difference. I use Blondme on my daughter, it's very powerful and contains bond protectors, don't use 30 or 40 volume with it, its better to use more mixture with lower volume.
Posted 4 months ago
I have not but I’ll definitely check it out — a 20 volume is best?
by BridgetSPosted 4 months ago
I started using 20 volume for her root retouch, but now I use a mixture of 7 and 20 and it goes fine; I've also used it more diluted with 7 volume to clean up some light yellow banding from previous sessions where we rinsed the bleach too early. If your hair is already light, I would be cautious and go in with a low developper, but each hair is different (my daughter has level 5-6 fine hair)