Frustrating Orange (Yellow?) Spot in Pink HairPosted 1 year, 2 months ago
I’m having a huge issue with my hair that I cannot fix no matter what any stylist, Sally’s worker, YouTube video, forum, Google search, etc etc comes up with.
I have pastel pink hair (I use Arctic Fox Virgin Pink and a lot of white conditioner) that I am so in love with it I literally never wanna change it. Problem is, I have had it for quite a while now... and I have a very frustrating issue that I cannot solve.
I have, on one side, orange (or perhaps yellow under the pink?) “hilights” throughout my side bangs. That’s somewhat manageable even though I don’t like it, because it looks like it’s on purpose. However, on the other side of my hair, I have a nice big orange (again, maybe yellow?) spot the size of a golf ball.
Now, before I go asking for advice here, let me tell you exactly what I have already tried that has not worked (keep in mind these are all over the course of having pink hair and not things I have been consistently doing, so don’t panic at the length of the list):
- Bleaching lighter: my last bleach was a 30vol with no luck. I have not tried a 40v but I really prefer not to: I haven’t touched a 40v since I was a teenager (destroyed my hair). So I now almost always use 20vol for anything I do. Attempted the 30 hoping it would at least make a difference but no luck.
- Bleach baths: tried ever type of shampoo you can imagine, differently brands of bleach, etc. Nada.
- Bleach with toners: like, bleach that turns violet and bleach that turns blue. Both advertising to tone orange or yellow. Both did nothing.
- Toners: I’ve used additive (the tiny purple bottles you can buy at Sally’s, honestly forget what they’re called and what exactly I mixed it in), as well as Wella T18 with 20vol, and eventually tried T11 with 20vol. Again, nada.
- Purple shampoo: Tried it. Turned my roots purple. Took forever to remove. Didn’t help.
- Blue dye in conditioner: Saw online that adding a TINY bit of blue to your conditioner would cancel out the yellow. I’m sure you can guess what happened by reading the purple conditioner crisis.
- Dying darker: at one point I got so fed up I went darker pink. I just got DARKER orange along with it.
- Arctic Fox Diluter: I know, this isn’t gonna fix my issue... but just thought I’d throw it in here because it somehow made my roots purple AGAIN. An issue I have never had with just Virgin Pink and conditioner.
Have I tried absolutely everything possible at this point? Am I doomed forever? Please let me know what you think. Thanks so much!
by BridgetSPosted 1 year, 2 months ago
have you tried high quality bleach from premium brands? I believe it does make a difference. I use Blondme on my daughter, it's very powerful and contains bond protectors, don't use 30 or 40 volume with it, its better to use more mixture with lower volume.
Posted 1 year, 2 months ago
I have not but I’ll definitely check it out — a 20 volume is best?
by BridgetSPosted 1 year, 2 months ago
I started using 20 volume for her root retouch, but now I use a mixture of 7 and 20 and it goes fine; I've also used it more diluted with 7 volume to clean up some light yellow banding from previous sessions where we rinsed the bleach too early. If your hair is already light, I would be cautious and go in with a low developper, but each hair is different (my daughter has level 5-6 fine hair)
- The GREEN won’t budge. - One dye job, 7 questions. Bleaching Out the Green, Bleaching roots or ends first, bleaching damp hair, green making purple muddy, colors that cover green, Toner before direct dye, how to prevent bleeding in multicolor direct dye.
- Fixing My Nightmare Hair ;-; (violet/red, orange, ashy mint color)
- Hair Color NEVER sticks to bleached hair
- Purple hair questions
- Attempted to dye my hair pastel pink, not sure what went wrong and where to go from here!