Natural grey hair colour optionsby crosby87Posted 3 years, 1 month ago
I have browsed the forum but could not find this question. I have natural grey hair and was wondering what colour options if any are out there.
I so love the very light lilac pastel look. My hair is kinda white around the face line with a salt and pepper from the sides to the back.
Can you help at all. Did try the crazy colour range and was quite surprised the colour took as we didn't bleach it all. The colour did last more at the back than at the front and side.
So any help or advise would be so appreciated. Cheers
by Jude StaffPosted 3 years, 1 month ago
You and me both. My hair is pretty resistant and I find even on the same strand some areas will take better than others.
I've been on a bit of a quest to find a way to get colour to take to my greys without having to bleach them. A few tips:
- Use a colour much darker than the pastel shade you want to achieve. Most of the dye won't stick but going for a darker, more pigmented colour will give you the best chance.
- Deep cleanse your hair first with a clarifying shampoo and apply the colour to dry hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap/cling film and heat it periodically when the colour is processing. Heating seems to help a lot of with greys.
- A few drops of oil - olive, macademia, avocado, argan - seem to help deliver the colour.
- As long as it's a direct dye, i.e. one that doesn't require developer, you can leave it on for a long time. When colouring greys I've found the longer the better.
- Pinks and other warm colours seem to take better than cooler tones.
All of that said, I still haven't managed to achieve a good result on my greys. It's good that you had a noticeable result from Crazy Color so I think if you experiment with different brands and colours you'll find something that works for you.
Jude (Site Admin)
**Help fight spam!**
Reply to any spammy forum post or comment with "@spam" to notify me of spam.
by crosby87Posted 3 years ago
Thank you so much for your advice. I must admit I did not think anyone would reply. I cannot believe the trouble that I have with hair dressers about advice, its like you have grey there is nothing you can do blah...blah...blah. My cousin who is a hair dresser is coming down this weekend and she is ordering some crazy colour...We are going to try 'Candyfloss' and see how that goes...
I will keep you posted on how it goes. Once again thank you so much.. Check this space I will be back