Melting hair/ Bleach damage - Page 2
by clarab2Posted 4 years, 8 months ago
Thanks for the advice! I'll take before and after photos and post.
by sinbadPosted 4 years, 6 months ago
Just an update! My roots are super long, but I still have not decided if I will continue to bleach them (not myself, a hair dresser lol) or just let it grow out. My damaged hair is improving day by day and is doing so much better. It is STILL damaged and weak but it has gotten so much stronger and much easier to manage. I have started to wash it at night and run my straightener on low heat in the morning and it seems to be working :) For those who this may help, to improve my hair I: Used aphogee once a month, this was the BIGGEST help!!! Made coconut oil, honey, and egg hair masks to leave on for about 45 mins On the days I decided to wash in the morning I ran a bit of coconut oil tru my ends and slept with a shower cap Switched over to keratin shampoo, helped to strengthen my hair *Used several non-breakage hair products, my fave being a coconut milk oil
I still keep my hair pastel purple, sometimes pastel pink (currently it is just plain soft silver) by using manic panic super diluted in conditioner. I didn't end up giving up and getting a pixie, just babied my hair until it became manageable and somewhat healthy and now I am in the process of growing it back out. Cant wait to eventually cut off all the damage!
- The GREEN won’t budge. - One dye job, 7 questions. Bleaching Out the Green, Bleaching roots or ends first, bleaching damp hair, green making purple muddy, colors that cover green, Toner before direct dye, how to prevent bleeding in multicolor direct dye.
- Bleaching with coconut oil
- How damaged is my hair? Can it withstand more processing?
- Keratin/protein treatments? Strengthening hair
- Hair bleaching journey please help