HairCrazy.com
Log-in | Register

Featured Product

Tips for growing out a mohawk or sidecut

PiecesOfQuiet
Rating:

View PiecesOfQuiet's timeline

Posted 2 years, 10 months ago

So about 6 months ago I shaved one side of my head and had the sidecut look for awhile then I got bored with that(of course lol) and shaved the other side of my head making it into a mohawk. Now however I am really regretting shaving my sides and am greatly missing my hair. I want to grow it out, I know it will take time but hopefully chin length will come somewhat soon and then I can cut it all one length. But that's the thing since I am chunkier I can't rock really short hairstyles so I am wondering what kind of styles/ways of wearing my hair can I do now while waiting for at least chin length hair?
Any tips on the topic are greatly appreciated since all you get when you Google this is to just cut it all off.

clau_wee
Rating:

View clau_wee's timeline

Current Hair: Purple, pink, & orange

I only shaved one side and the bottom of my head, so I can't relate completely. However, you can try flipping your hair to cover one side to make it look somewhat the way you had it before shaving the second side. Maybe curling your hair would give it a nice effect.

"Live by the foma that make you brave and kind and healthy and happy." -Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

cancankant
Rating:

View cancankant's timeline

Current Hair: pastelish shades/blonde

I agree that you could just flip it to one side and then let it grow out a bit. Once the sides get a little longer, you would just have an asymetrical look, which looks nice. When the sides are a little longer, you could cut in layers which would help the growing out process.

You could also possibly use extensions to fill it in a little, depending on how thick the mohawk part is.

“Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” ~~~ James Dean

ickle_cat
Rating:

View ickle_cat's timeline

Current Hair: Blonde with roots (failed ombre)

if your hair is long enough then you could clip in some extensions to help cover the sides where it's growing?

"although everything you own will be this colour too because it bleeds like an extra in 300" -bekki, 23/2/12

PiecesOfQuiet
Rating:

View PiecesOfQuiet's timeline

All good ideas. Thanks everyone!