Featured Product

Platinum Blonde to Little Mermaid red?

Rogue_Cherry
Rating:

View Rogue_Cherry's timeline

Current Hair: Blonde at the moment, waiting for inspiration

Posted 2 years, 1 month ago

Hey Guys,

So i was wondering if any one has achieved a nice deep little mermaid type red from platinum blonde, without it going really pink or orange. I have Raw Crimson Red kicking around but im a little scared to use it im worried it wont be dark enough. i did a test strand but its hard to tell on the small section i did. Also i have never used the brand Raw but was told it lasted longer than Manic Panic... any thoughts?

This is my Current Hair color (its a little lighter in person)
I'm hoping to get it something like this
or this

Parmajana
Rating:

View Parmajana's timeline

Current Hair: blonde-ish

Your hair is definitely light enough for bright red, so there's no issues there. The red you're looking for is slightly cool toned as opposed to warm toned. There are heaps of red dyes out there that can do what you want, but I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with raw. I would suggest looking at some of the special effects reds on this site, especially nuclear red and perhaps cherry bomb.

Rogue_Cherry
Rating:

Thanks i'll def check out some of the special effects reds.

I was just worried that becuase my hair was so light that it would just come out pink instead of red.

Kayvach
Rating:

View Kayvach's timeline

Current Hair: pink

It will come out red if you use a dark enough color. You might have to experiment and mix colors to find a red you like. Special effects colors are very pigmented and any red will definitely give you red. Although, some reds might be pinker toned like candy apple reds. Usually a pink based red would be mixed with a nice orange-based red to get a nice color. To darken it a bit like in the Hayley Williams picture, you can add some purple or use a blood red color. Manic panic would also be good for reds. I haven't heard many good things about raw. Also, I heard you had problems with ion fuschia fading to pink too quickly. Make sure you prep your hair before applying color by washing it with a clarifying shampoo and not using conditioner. Use apple cider vinegar to rinse when washing out your color as it will close the cuticle and seal in the color.

HopelessDeviate
Rating:

View HopelessDeviate's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: L'Oreal Majirouge in Dark Burgundy Brown

Rogue_Cherry, if you can find Punky Colour you should get your hands on that!
Best dye ever and it's $10 a jar.
I think their Pillarbox Red would be perfect for you.
http://haircrazy.info/gallery/red/9854/
Grin

HOPELESS

Andya
Rating:

The color in the third picture looks like Blood Red by Special Effects. The blonde shade is perfect for a vibrant red color. Have fun!

Rogue_Cherry
Rating:

x_Hopeless_Deviate_x , i used to use punky when i was younger i never had much luck with it, maybe they ahve changed the formula.

and thanks every one for your help im actually really excited to try this, im no longer worried about it turning a pink or anything like that.
Wink

Rogue_Cherry
Rating:

Well its done i decided to test the RAW stuff since i have it kicking around and home and i love it, ill see how long it last's though. thanks everyone for your help, i thik im going to try a special effects red next!Grin

NLeigh
Rating:

View NLeigh's timeline

Current Hair: Rainbow pixie!

I love SFX reds. My favorite way to get a deep but still bright red was to mix Nuclear Red and Cherry Bomb. It worked really well because Nuclear Red is *super* bright and orange-toned, while Cherry Bomb is deeper and pink-toned. The combination gives you a really true red. Something to consider for the future. ;)

There's a lot of beauty in ordinary things. Isn't that kind of the point?

People don't want perfection. They want honesty.

x_Kazzy_x
Rating:

View x_Kazzy_x's timeline

Current Hair: Violet

I just got a colour like this mixing sfx blood red and then crazy colour fire so its still pretty vibrant x