Log-in | Register

Featured Product

Canceling out green tints

WindoftheStars
Rating:

View WindoftheStars's timeline

Current Hair: Brown w/ tealhighlights

Posted 3 years, 2 months ago

I've recently added teal chunks to my hair. I took a chance on a different brand, and sadly it bleed badly. The rest of my hair is a darker brown at the moment, so the bleeding teal left my very porous ends, very green. Now I already did all the at home fading techniques (clarifying shampoo, washing it tons, and baking soda baths) and gotten the ends to look considerable less green. Since my goal here is to get stained brown parts brown again, I'm debating on what product to put in to cancel out the green tones. I prefer not to put permanetly red dye in, as want to keep my the damage to my ends as low ad possible. I was thinking of putting in some MP red (maybe dilute it a bit?). Does anyone else have products to recommend to cancel out green tints on brown hair?

Thanks in advance guys!

Ps will try to upload photo when I get home. :)

Jude
Rating:

View Jude's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: Purples & Brown

You can get products for cancelling out green tones from beauty supply shops. Ardell makes one for red tones called unred and I think they have one for green tones.

Your idea of a diluted red would also help. It will be hard to gauge how much red to add though so I would go very gradual. Mix it up with some conditioner and use less red than you think. It's easier to add to it than end up with bright red ends.

--
Jude (Site Admin)

*Support the site & shop at HairCrazy.com!*
We stock Pravana, Special Effects, Manic Panic, Directions, Stargazer, Crazy Color, Adore + more!

(International orders welcome!)

tooblueforyou
Rating:

View tooblueforyou's timeline

Current Hair: Pink & purple

Manic Panic makes a brown dye. If you use red, you'll definitely need to do a test strand because it might end up mixing in a weird way with the green. Use as dark a red as you can.

WindoftheStars
Rating:

View WindoftheStars's timeline

Current Hair: Brown w/ tealhighlights

Posted 3 years, 1 month ago

Thanks guys for your suggestions. I was able to cancel almost all of the green and I figured that the info might help others so here is what I did.

I used a dilute MP Wildfire all over the ends. Washed it out applied brown protein filler, then re-dyed with my normal brown.