HairCrazy.com
Log-in | Register

Featured Product

How soon after you dye your hair can you dye it again?

alloutsteve
Rating:

View alloutsteve's timeline

Current Hair: Orange mohawk for 5 years

Posted 3 years, 10 months ago

Whenever I bleach my hair (to get my roots) the dye comes out kinda light, the 2nd time I dye it I get the color I wanted. I usually wait around 1 week to 1 month before I put the 2nd coat of dye on.
The question I'm trying to get at is; how soon after dyeing my hair can I dye it again, without causing any traumatic frying of the hair? If it plays any significance, I use Special Effects

sparklefish
Rating:

View sparklefish's timeline

Current Hair: Purple n pank.

Dyeing your hair isn't bad for it (some semi-permanents actually condition) -- it's the bleaching that fries it. You can dye it with semi-permanents pretty much as often as you want.

"MERMAIDS DON'T HAVE FEET"

alloutsteve
Rating:

sparklefish wrote:
Dyeing your hair isn't bad for it (some semi-permanents actually condition) -- it's the bleaching that fries it. You can dye it with semi-permanents pretty much as often as you want.

awesome, thanks!

VaLukeAraptor
Rating:

View VaLukeAraptor's timeline

Current Hair: some weird brown/blonde colour a salon did

If you're using special effects, then sparklefish is right - these dyes don't damage hair, and infact, they 'fill' it slightly, so damaged hair looks better when dyed with these dyes.

However, if you're using a chemical dye, semi or permanent, don't overdo it.

alloutsteve
Rating:

VaLukeAraptor wrote:
If you're using special effects, then sparklefish is right - these dyes don't damage hair, and infact, they 'fill' it slightly, so damaged hair looks better when dyed with these dyes.

However, if you're using a chemical dye, semi or permanent, don't overdo it.

Thanks. at the risk of looking like an idiot, I can dye red over orange eventually, right? I mean, once the orange has faded

HopelessDeviate
Rating:

View HopelessDeviate's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: L'Oreal Majirouge in Dark Burgundy Brown

Dying red over orange should be just fine especially if it's really faded.

HOPELESS

sweetredsunsets
Rating:

Current Hair: Dark Brown, Permed

You're never going to believe this, lol, but my hair was so dark a few months ago and I was craving that white white blonde color so I dyed my hair 3 times in one week. I first bleaqched it and got this orange color, so the next day I bleached it again, and got a pretty dark blonde, but still it wasnt what i wanted so i waited 2 days and did it one more time. The thing is, when you do dye your hair so much, you really have to go and get the right products to heal it. my hair was still soft and pretty, but I knew that there was damage because when i showered it would come out alittle, so you should buy some Infusium 23 leave in conditioner at walmart, its a miracle in a bottle. really helps damaged hair, and dont use any products that smell really good, bc those hurt your hair the most, for the chemicals they use in them. use tresseme. I love it so much! I got a perms about 2 weeks ago n the woman told me to not use Herbal essance anymore so I switched to tresseme and it really has made my hair soft, even with a perm. So if you dye it more than 1 time a week, make sure to use leave in conditioners, and maybe even a hot oil treatment :) just use olive oil in a microwave and set it in ur hair for like.....20 mins. and rinse it out. ur hair will be so soft after you wash and all. :) good luck!

lucyblue
Rating:

View lucyblue's timeline

Current Hair: purple

I second the olive oil. My hair is naturally frizzy and curly and it works wonders on my hair. After I bleached out the black it felt horrible and I thought it needed something more intensive. I used the ion stuff someone suggested to me and it didn't seem to make a difference. should've went to the cupboard first because my old faithul olive oil did the trick. And I think the red over orange will probably turn out great no matter if the orange is really faded or not.