HairCrazy.com
Log-in | Register

Featured Product

from bright red to light brown?

Trebbles
Rating:

Posted 5 years, 10 months ago

Recently I bleached my hair and put punky color mandarin over top and now my hair is Bright Red and not the orange color I was expecting so Ive been trying to fade the red by using baking soda mixed with dishsoap which helped the red go pink in some areas is there anything else I can do o help fade the red at this point i kind of just want to put light brown over top of it but i dont know it will cover the red? Does anyone hav any experience with covering bright red with brown?

maybe_tomorrow
Rating:

Current Hair: Pretty much back to virgin - light brown

I tried covering red with a semi-permanent light brown by clairol. My head came out a lovely shade of chocolate brown, although it was not what I had originally wanted.

If possible, try to let the color fade as much as possible before dying it, because chances are you are not going to get the desired light brown color. Darker shades of brown are possible, though, and mine did not wash out or show any brassyness (I left the brown dye on for 10-20 minutes longer than recomended on the box).

forget|the|things|we|swore|we|meant

Trebbles
Rating:

Thanks ^-^ today I got kind of fed up with my hair and bought a box of bleach today and my hair lightened to neon pink with blonde roots then i tried to cover it with a dark blonde it turned out alright but still alot of red showing through I think I will try the Clairol natural Instincts Brass free stuffs in a darker brown tomorrow hopefully my hair wont fall out hehe

xdefylifex
Rating:

View xdefylifex's timeline

Current Hair: Brown.

If you still have red tones in your hair look for a box that is an ash color.
The ash will tone the red down.

Trebbles
Rating:

Thanks I picked up some stuff today tho its only semipermanent hopefully it will cover it well