Featured Product

Clairol Hydrience Discontinued

HopelessDeviate
Rating:

View HopelessDeviate's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: L'Oreal Majirouge in Dark Burgundy Brown

Posted 6 years, 2 months ago

Lately I've noticed this dye has disappeared off the shelves because I was looking for their burgundy shade called Tropic.
And according to Clairol Canada, Hydrience is being discontinued.
They don't even have alternatives for a few of their shades, including a really dark red that was quite nice.
And their burgundy was the best, none of Clairol's other brands come close!
I know because I ended up using the L'Image burgundy, which was a total waste of money because my hair looked brown afterwards!
I'm just disappointed because Hydrience was one of the first dyes I used over 10 years ago.
Now they've replaced it with this stupid Perfect 10 crap.
I'm pretty skeptical about a dye that supposedly works in 10 minutes.
Anyways, I've always recommended Black Pearl to those seeking the perfect permanent black dye.
But unfortunately it's going to be gone forever.
Though I have to admit that the Natural Instincts black was pretty impressive even though it was semi-permanent.
And of course others have sworn by Nice 'N Easy's black as well.
So yeah, that's the deal with Hydrience in case anyone was looking for it recently.

HOPELESS

Jude
Rating:

View Jude's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: Red, Purple, Violet

I really hate when that happens. I used to love Natural Instincts and they discontinued it here. The black one used to be my colour of choice back then.
I can't really suggest a good replacement. I know you've used Herbal Essences before - was that any good? I haven't seen it around for a while but I remember they had some nice red and plum shades.

--
Jude (Site Admin)

*Support the site & shop at HairCrazy.com!*
We stock Pravana, Special Effects, Manic Panic, Directions, Stargazer, Crazy Color, Adore + more!

(International orders welcome!)

cancankant
Rating:

View cancankant's timeline

Current Hair: pastelish shades/blonde

Black Cherry by Wella is awesome. Not sure if that's close to any of those colors. Maybe you could stock up via ebay or something. I also hate it when they discontinue a perfectly good product *shakes fist* or when they rename it and make it impossible to find.

“Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” ~~~ James Dean

HopelessDeviate
Rating:

View HopelessDeviate's timeline

Hair Crazy Staff

Current Hair: L'Oreal Majirouge in Dark Burgundy Brown

I've never used the Herbal Essences dye, only the bleach kit which isn't bad considering it's one of the cheapest.
They do have a black though, and if it's anything like Clairol's other black dyes it should be pretty decent.
I really hate it when they discontinue good products too.
Hydrience was a great, inexpensive dye.

HOPELESS